1. Thanks for your well wishes and prayers in response to my last post about Davis! His fever finally broke on Wednesday and he started feeling better, after getting the super annoying diagnosis from the pediatrician of "just a cold." I don't have a medical degree, but I'd bet money that his 5-day sickness was not actually a cold. Regardless, the mystery virus has run its course and is behind us - and that's all that matters now! But just to preserve the precious memories, allow me to share one last pitiful picture, taken after they stuck his finger at the doctor.
2. I'm not sure why it took me so long, but I finally wised up and started putting Davis down for his nap (or sometimes just "rest time" these days) at the same time as Avery's midday nap, and it has saved my sanity! In the end, I still only end up getting 30-45 minutes to myself, but 30-45 > 0.
3. As an adult who spends her days staying home with 2 small children, Spring Break should be renamed Longest Week Ever for me. Suggestions for how to pass the time are more than welcome!
4. If Avery were any more of a muffin, I would have to actually eat her for breakfast. (Relatedly, Wade doesn't understand why women are always talking about eating babies' toes/cheeks/etc. What's not to understand?!)
5. The MyFitnessPal app + breastfeeding is a great way to lose weight. The delicious queso my husband makes is a great way to gain it back.