Friday, March 07, 2014

Things & stuff

1. Thanks for your well wishes and prayers in response to my last post about Davis! His fever finally broke on Wednesday and he started feeling better, after getting the super annoying diagnosis from the pediatrician of "just a cold." I don't have a medical degree, but I'd bet money that his 5-day sickness was not actually a cold. Regardless, the mystery virus has run its course and is behind us - and that's all that matters now! But just to preserve the precious memories, allow me to share one last pitiful picture, taken after they stuck his finger at the doctor.


2. I'm not sure why it took me so long, but I finally wised up and started putting Davis down for his nap (or sometimes just "rest time" these days) at the same time as Avery's midday nap, and it has saved my sanity! In the end, I still only end up getting 30-45 minutes to myself, but 30-45 > 0.

3. As an adult who spends her days staying home with 2 small children, Spring Break should be renamed Longest Week Ever for me. Suggestions for how to pass the time are more than welcome!

4. If Avery were any more of a muffin, I would have to actually eat her for breakfast. (Relatedly, Wade doesn't understand why women are always talking about eating babies' toes/cheeks/etc. What's not to understand?!)


5. The MyFitnessPal app + breastfeeding is a great way to lose weight. The delicious queso my husband makes is a great way to gain it back.

10 comments:

Brittnie said...

Just a cold??? That is a little hard to believe. Poor little guy. I am so glad he is feeling better now. For his sake and yours!

After all those horrendous "winter weather "days that caused his school to close, I def think they should have given you those days back by staying open during Spring Break!

The Joiners said...

Just look at that muffin! How could he not understand how edible she looks?

Glad Davis is feeling better AND that you are finally getting some (albeit limited) alone time during the day!

The Bird said...

Ha! And here I am super, SUPER excited about spring break :) Teachers love it more than students even do, I am almost positive! I always think of that line from "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" at break times..."And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again" :) Glad Davis is feeling better and OH MY WORD...Avery is truly a muffin! I never understood the "I love you so much I could EAT YOU" until Felicia was born. Now I get it!

Aubrey said...

She's SUCH a muffin!! :). So glad D is feeling better!!

Amanda said...

That's exactly what I look like when they stab my finger too! The least they could do was give the kid a cool super hero band-aid.

Erika said...

Is Wade blind??? Avery's muffin-ness is totally obvious.

Brittany Sciba said...

Ha! Chris doesn't get the whole "eating babies" thing either! :) Love that picture of Avery and so glad Davis is feeling better!

Abby said...

Spring break with a toddler is such a tease. I'm hoping our weather will be warm enough so we can spend lots of time at the park or at least outdoors.. I've got major cabin fever from all of this cold weather we've had! It's a shame your day care isn't offering make up days after all of those "extreme" snow days they cancelled for!

Leah said...

I love the pic of Davis in his misery. :)

Natasha said...

Sorry I'm late to the party but "just a cold" -- seriously?!?! Ridiculous.

Also, you probably shouldn't post too many pictures of Avery looking like that or some cafe is going to have to start adding her to their menu. She looks totally edible :)

ps. I still nibble on my kids' toes after their baths. So fun!