Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SB for a SAHM

I haven't made it any secret in recent days that I'm not exactly Spring Break's #1 fan. All of our usual activities are canceled for the week and we aren't exactly in a position to go on vacation. So what's there to like about it?! I think I'm extra resentful of it this year given all the "ice days" (that term is in quotations for a reason... they should be renamed "cold days that stole our money") we've had since the start of the year. The break is less welcome when there have been so many other unplanned breaks forced upon us!

But alas, my unhappiness isn't going to make Spring Break go away, so I suppose I just have to make lemonade out of lemons this week. And speaking of lemonade, what better place to start off our unwanted Spring Break than at Chick-fil-A for lunch on Monday?


I didn't realize how perfect the weather was going to be that day, or I would have planned for a picnic outside instead. But don't get me wrong, neither of us was bummed about eating at CFA. And we made up for the indoor time by cruising on over to the park on Monday afternoon... with our cool shades, of course.


We eventually had to head home from the park so I could get dinner ready and feed Avery, but the weather was so darn nice that Davis stayed out there until it was time to get ready for bed. 


On Tuesday morning, I dragged the kids with me to Target before heading over to a friend's house to play and eat lunch. There is something pretty cute about 2 kiddos sitting at a small table and eating their lunches together, am I right?


After naps, there was an impromptu trip to the park with friends to, once again, enjoy the perfect weather! (Before you get jealous, let me point out that a cold front is coming through today to rain on my perfect weather parade.) I don't have photographic evidence of the park outing, but I do have evidence of Avery officially finding her feet afterwards.


Then, last night was topped off with happy hour with my playgroup gal pals, and today will include more playing with friends... so I suppose I'm really not at liberty to hate on Spring Break anymore, huh? We'll see if that stops me!

11 comments:

Leah said...

sounds very similar to our week! Here's to hoping there's not gonna be an "ice day" next Tuesday. :)

The Joiners said...

Glad it has been more enjoyable than you thought AND that you get to finish it off by seeing me this weekend… and eating lots of donut holes and cookies, no doubt.

Brittnie said...

CFA lemonade can make anything better, esp the lemonade! Glad you are filling your week with lots of plans. Clara's little school is on break this week too. Thankfully, my older sis and her kids are in town so we have lots of activities plus other faces to distract me/us from what would be my normal "down time." (if I can even call it that, ha!)

Aubrey said...

I wish I had SB!! Love Davis's shades!!

Sarah said...

I love when bebes find their toes. It's so adorable seeing pictures of them going to town on them! :)

Erika said...

Looks like a fun week!! I would say that SB is pretty meaningless to me, as I don't get to 'observe' it in any good sort of way...but then I remember how wonderfully traffic-free Athens is this week...how the lines in stores and restaurants are blissfully short...and I remember that I love when UGA is on SB. Bye-bye, crazy college kids! Have fun at the beach! I can finally enjoy my own town again...for a week. :)

Mollyanne said...

I am totally with you on working to overcome the Spring break blues. Today we have apparently lost our minds and are taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese. My primary complaint at this point is that Hudson's school does TWO spring breaks, bc the church preschool is split with families from 2 counties with different spring breaks. So I have to gear up to do this all over again next month. And no one seems to listen to my suggestion that we cancel SB #2 bc of all the snow/ice days. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Glad you're making the most of your week!

Mel said...

It's so wonderful when something you dread turns out to be a lovely surprise. Hope it stays that way!

Brittany Sciba said...

I'm glad it's turned out to be a great week so far!

Jennie said...

Why is a (baby) foot in the (baby's) mouth so incredibly adorable!? I love it!!

Natasha said...

Yeah, I have to admit I was kind of dreading March Break (what we call it up here), but it's been going okay thus far. I have to say I'm really enjoying being able to be outside with my kids (when the weather is AWESOME -- like Tuesday) and not having to go anywhere with them when the weather sucks (like yesterday and today). Other than that I am looking forward to a return to normal life next week. Yay!