Monday, February 24, 2014

Davery does the zoo

Do you like how I just gave my children a uni-name, celebrity couple style? Me too.

Anyway, after church yesterday, the Blogivers headed to the zoo!


This was Avery's first visit, and though the zoo in Austin is not quite as cool as the one in Houston (understatement of the year, though our little zoo has charm of its own), where Davis had his first zoo experience, I'm pretty sure she didn't care. Hopefully she won't tell a therapist otherwise when she grows up.


Just like Avery in her leopard print, Davis wore the elephant shirt I forced upon him thoughtfully chose appropriate attire for the occasion.


We lucked out with great weather, agreeable kiddos, and minimal crowds - really the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. 


It ain't always easy to carpe diem when you have two small children in tow, but I'm always grateful for days like yesterday when the stars align for us to enjoy ourselves so much that we can realize that one day, we really will miss this phase of our lives.

9 comments:

The Joiners said...

Two sweet little zoo babies! Makes me think of when we took Davis to the zoo and he thought everything was a dog!

Brittnie said...

Fun!! Another reminder that I really need to take Clara to the zoo. . . still haven't. Mom fail! :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Oh my goodness- the picture of the two of them together is to die for!!!!

Erika said...

Love the term "Davery"-- that makes it seem intentional and not like you just mix up your kids names when flustered/angry (like my mom..."JARAKA (Jake-Sarah-Erika)!!!! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!" she would holler up the staircase...). Also that first picture of them together-- MOST FRAMABLE PICTURE EVER. Dying. Glad yall had such great weather and a successful trip to the zoo!! Hopefully the fun zoo trip can make up for the less-awesome aquarium trip, ha!

Erika said...

Ack!!! *Kids' names, obviously.

Jaclyn said...

Davery- genius!

Brittany Sciba said...

Davery look(s) so cute in his/her/their festive clothes! LOVE the first pic of them together!!

Aubrey said...

Looks like Davery had a great time!

Natasha said...

Love the first picture! And I now need to figure out how to combine my kids' names. I should have picked more combine-able names.