Friday, February 15, 2013

VD in review

The Blogivers had a happy Valentine's Day yesterday! Yes, I realize VD is a highly overrated, commercialized holiday, but as a fan of pretty much all holidays regardless of their worth in comparison to others, I like to celebrate it every year anyway. So let's recap the day, shall we?

My littlest Valentine woke up decked out in his festive jammies, ready to celebrate.

Let's pretend he doesn't look like he's saying, "REDRUM" here.

As we were doing the usual breakfast shuffle before Wade headed off to work, he surprised me with a few treats!
Earrings + roses + HOMEMADE FOCACCIA BREAD (because he knows that carbohydrates are the real way to my heart)

Davis went off to school for the morning as usual. He was pretty excited to get sent home with a Valentine from his preschool BFF, Joshua, and I was pretty excited to get sent home with a Valentine from my preschool BFF, Davis.
(He actually got sent home with a piece of candy from another kid in their class, but he chewed it up and spit it back out into my hand... so I decided not to photograph that one for posterity.)

After an afternoon nap and a couple of hours of killing time, Pop Pop (my dad) came over to watch the little gremlin while Wade and I went out on a quick date. Those don't happen nearly often enough now that our former babysitters (aka: my parents) are living (mostly) in Dallas, so I was thankful that the 14th fell on a day when my dad was going to be in town working and able to come hang with Davis for a bit! We started off with dinner at our fave place, Z'Tejas, and then drove through Starbs on our way home. As soon as we were home and Wade was on bath/bedtime duty, I changed into my festive jammies and called it a day.

Not a bad way to spend the "Hallmark holiday" if you ask me! Hope the rest of you enjoyed your day, whether you spent it celebrating or not. Happy weekend to all!

11 comments:

Aubrey said...

Beautiful v day gifts... Love the earrings! I'm thinking I need to buy myself a pair of festive jammies, stat!

The Joiners said...

Glad you had a happy VD and that Pop Pop was able to babysit! I was i my PJ's by 8 pm but they were not festive or photo-worthy... unless you think an XL t-shirt that Brian got for free at Hispanic night at the Astros' game ("Los Astros") is festive.

Courtney Squillante said...

Omg Amanda's comment is hilarious!! And I love Z Tejas (and carbs are also the way to my heart!!!). Fun day!

Brittnie said...

Amanda's comment made me lol!!

OK. . . so Wade made this bread for you himself??? And formed it into a heart? I am super impressed.

Nancie Bee said...

Wade is making the rest of the hubs look bad. Beautiful earrings.

Natasha said...

I love the heart shaped focaccia! That's amazing!

Erika said...

Yeah, inquiring minds need to know if WADE actually homemade that bread. And love those earrings. I have some very similar ones, only the setting is darker silver...and not sure if yours are real or not, but since mine were like $15 at Loft, it's safe to assume mine are super fake. :) But I love them! Very versatile.

Natalie said...

I love those earrings! I know how to remedy the babysitter situation, y'all should just move to Dallas :)

Sarah said...

Are those earrings from Target? I have the exact same pair! Looks like a GREAT day. :)

Brittany Sciba said...

Looks like you had a great day! Love both of your jammies and your earrings! :)

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

Love those earrings girl! Where from?!