Tuesday, January 08, 2013

30 | 30 Update

If you will recall, when I revealed my 30|30 list, I made sure to add in the disclaimer that I reserved the right to edit the list as I saw fit along the way. When I made the list, I didn't realize I would be finding myself pregnant 2 months later and then miscarrying 1 month after that, so some of my priorities have shifted and I am relying more heavily on some of my "crutches" to get me through the hard days (and thus less willing to give them up at this point in time). This being the case, I have some editing/swapping to do on some of the 11 remaining items on my list. And what better time to reevaluate my goals than at the beginning of the new year?

So I am getting rid of the following...:

Attend an exercise class
Find a healthier, less expensive alternative to my frappuccino addiction
Eat gluten free for 1 week
Spend a day totally unplugged from the internet
Go 1 full day without saying anything negative

...and replacing them with the following:

Get pregnant (is that blunt enough?)
Go 1 week without consuming a frappuccino (this will be sadly hard for me)
Try the "PCOS fertility diet" for 1 week (I'm hoping to do it longer than that, but gotta try it first!)
Spend part (or all) of a week in the spring helping my sister & her husband with their twins
Go 1 week without using any curse words (don't judge)

And that's it. It's important to me that I actually complete ALL the items on my list, so I need to set myself up for success, right? Right.

10 comments:

Brittnie said...

Girl - no judgement from me :)

Good luck with the frappuccino goal - that to me would be like giving up my morning coffee w/ preservative filled coffee mate (or my Sonic strawberry limeade) and I just don't think I have it in me!!!

Maybe we can hang out when you come in the spring? (meaning - I will come to y'all since getting out of the house with a toddler and two infants might be a tad crazy)

The Joiners said...

This is great, except I think it should be "spend one month helping my sister and her husband with their twins" - aim high, right?

Erika said...

I like the new goals! Except I think you should still make a minor, unofficial goal of attending a fun exercise class like Zumba. It could help take off the burden of not cursing that one week. :) Like I wanted to curse at everyone and punch through a few walls yesterday afternoon, but instead I Zumba-ed...and then I felt way better. So take that into consideration. :)

Courtney Squillante said...

I like the changes! :)

Natasha said...

I would do well to adopt some of your goals -- ie no cursing for a week. Sadly, that would be hard for me, as Sam could tell you. sigh.

Aubrey said...

I hope that you can cross Get Pregnant off your list much sooner than your 30th :)

Camila said...

I say change it up as you see fit! Would it help or hurt your Starbucks goal to tell you my sister is having a $25 Starbucks giveaway on her blog this week?
lionslemonade.blogspot.com

I mean, you could always use the gift card the OTHER 51 weeks of the year.

The Durbin Blog said...

One week without cussing would piss me off! Haha.. on a serious note I can't wait to hear about the PCOS diet- I have heard great things!

Leah said...

Hahaha! I love this.

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

Your new list looks great! It's good to adjust goals based on what's current in your life. Sometimes, we set goals for so far in advance that when the time comes around, it just isn't realistic anymore.

I think it's awesome that you will spend a good amount of time helping your sister as well. That's awesome and it's really neat that you have the ability and opportunity to do that. I'd love to have a sis like you!