Tuesday, January 29, 2013

22 & 23 out of 30

This past weekend I set out to accomplish 2 more things on my 30 | 30 list: bake bread from scratch and learn to play a song on the guitar.

Wade has made bread from scratch many times, so it was tempting to just ask him to tell me which recipe to use and then tell me what to do, but I decided to be a big girl and find my own. I settled on this "Homemade Easy Bread" recipe, mostly because it had EASY in the title. Thankfully it was not misleading! Check out my mad skillz:


After a lot of kneading and a lot of rising, it was time to pop those bad boys in the oven (without the plastic wrap):


And 23ish minutes later, they were done!


Looks delish, right? It actually didn't turn out super flavorful and one of the loaves was still pretty doughy in the middle, but Davis the Picky Toddler ate it and liked it, so we'll still call it a win.

As for the guitar, Wade originally tried to teach me "Free Falling" by Tom Petty several months ago, but that quickly grew frustrating and I instead opted for a much easier song: the "happy birthday" song! Behold my musical talent:


Yeah, I know... pretty terrible. But it counts and I'm still proud of myself! So, yay me!

10 comments:

Brittnie said...

Hey I am super impressed because 1 - I have never made my own bread and 2-I cannot play any recognizable sound or song from a guitar.

Z said...

Wow,it looks yum, wish could have a bite;).
My husband really wants to learn how to play , in fact we have a guitar rusting in the attic:/
Loved the birthday tune!

The Joiners said...

Congrats on both! Maybe you could start teaching guitar lessons for extra cash... just don't tell your clients that you can only play the HBD song.

Natasha said...

The bread looks amazing and having baked bread (but not in about five years) I am impressed that you did it all on your own. My dad taught me to bake bread. And I cannot play ANYTHING on the guitar so way to go!!!

Nancie Bee said...

Yay for you on the guitar! I think most of the kids learn to play "Smoke on the Water" as their first guitar song-apparently it is an easy one. We heard it around here forEVER. I've tried to learn before-but no luck. So I am impressed. Yay!

Erika said...

Go girl! You should be charging for us to view that concert for sure. I mean, at least that's a song you can bust out multiple times a year. People could hire you to play at their super Pinteresty parties...you can thank me when you get rich off of my great ideas.

Courtney Squillante said...

Haha! That's awesome!! And I've never made bread but Andrea has a super easy recipe that I want to try! Go you!!

Sarah said...

That bread looks great... I've never made normal bread, just like pumpkin and banana bread. And you've got some serious talent my friend! Great job at the song!! :)

Leah said...

you're doing so good! Almost finished with your list!

Merrie said...

Well done! You're two up on me -- I've never baked bread from scratch, I don't think, and I know I can't play the guitar. I'm impressed with your mad skillz! :)